O throbbing void, o barren wasteland!
Neglect, the blank abyss I gaze upon
For warmth, your scent, a silent reprimand.
Too fast, my bittersweet, gone cold and wan.
For never was there such a tragedy,
As these silent, mortal depths, empty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey! Awesome title--I like how it contrasts with the level of diction... but that's kind of how it sounds in our head though, right? Wanting something after you've finished it can feel ridiculously dramatic :) I thought it was interesting that the quatrain was a more active lament vs. the couplet that changed tone to morose. You can hear the attitude switch from frustration to depression—which I think mimics the action in the poem.
ReplyDeleteI really love you how dramatic you made finishing your cup of Starbucks coffee be. The sadness that there is no more Starbucks coffee in the cup but you long for more of that delicious heavenly goodness! REALLY CREATIVE!
ReplyDelete